pl
/
en

history

MODERN OFFICES
IN TEODOR MEYERHOFF’S FACTORY


In the very center of Łódź, in the nineteenth-century premises of Zakłady Graficzne at 18 Dowborczyków Street lies an innovative multi-functional office building − ŁÓDŹ.WORK. The idea of revitalizing historic buildings, combined with modern segments, is an extension of the New Center of Łódź.

 

WE REVIVE GOOD BUSINESS TRADITIONS AT 18 DOWBORCZYKÓW STREET


The complex, entered into the Register of Historic Monuments, dates back to 1880s and 1890s. Initially served as the location of one of the largest textile factories in Łódź − the Teodor Meyerhoff factory. In 1929 Zakłady Graficzne, Bolesław Kotkowski and Ska had moved to the modernized halls at Juliusza St. (now Dowborczyków). In August 1939 it employed 209 employees. When the war was coming to an end, the withdrawing occupant forces have seized the most valuable machines from the plants. In the time of the Polish People’s Republic, the company was nationalised, while in 1981, it once again became an independent enterprise under the name Łódzkie Zakłady Graficzne. Currently, modern office spaces are being created in the revitalized facilities.